Monday 9 January 2017

Presentation skills workshop

Attending a presentation skills workshop seemed a no brainer when the invite arrived in my inbox via the employability office. 

Many times we have been encouraged as a class to get used to the idea that we would be presenting many times over. At my last university, in year Zero, I was fortunate enough to be encouraged to speak at many of their events which were well attended by industry experts.

Most of us felt as though this was more of a practice as opposed to learning workshop, which was fine, yet I did feel I would have loved to go further into detail.  Perhaps as a mature student with experiences already I was expecting too much.  As a note to myself, I wondered how I should be learning more about my presenting skills.  Perhaps this is something I could look further into very soon. I know there will be many videos on the internet helping with the finer details of making a good presentation.

Nevertheless, this was not a waste of time as I met a couple of new students who I could now smile and wave at on campus, as well as fulfilling a requirement of attendance towards my own course credits.
Win/win.

No comments:

Post a Comment