Wednesday 10 July 2019

Time away from everything; including learning

Spending time with my precious family this week in Majorca has been eye opening.

Planning and booking this trip over 18 months ago was an easy decision. We knew as a family we would need time, like the final of the Euro when the score is 0-0. This time gave us the much needed time to figure out our new family dynamics. 

The twins have now left school, after successfully (we hope) sitting their GCSEs. I am fatherless. Still thoughts of Dad consume my mind every day. Occasionally tears flow. I dreamt the other night that he text me and said he hadn't really died. Yet wouldn't tell me what had happened. Upon waking I was cradled by my ex husband, also my best friend who was on holiday with us. 

What I would do without him God only knows. Though like most couples (which I think we are once again) he can also drive me bananas. 


Part of me was considering bringing my human nutrition book. Wanting to learn, needing to learn. To be the very best student I can be in the coming year. 

Instead I read an autobiography about Caroline flack. 


While taking many photos. 
"Listening" to Caroline's story reasonated with me massively. Which got me thinking. 

I do love uni. 
Yet being away, I have realised 

No comments:

Post a Comment