Thursday 25 March 2021

My peppblepad entry for the reflection over the years.


Year 3.  Gosh.  Well actually year 4.  After completing year zero at London met university this year will see me clock up 4 years which is incredible. So much has been learnt and I honestly feel the ride of rollercoaster emotions has been definitely the biggest learning curve of all.

Yes I have a whole host more science knowledge than I started with and that certainly has been massively interesting.  Yet more than anything I have experienced a very large learning curve about myself, my heart led interests, my feelings and how I very much lack the scientific, mathematical reasonance that goes hand in hand with this combination of biology and chemistry. Initially, I was keen to help people with their nutrition. Still I stand by this as I very much feel like a good listener and motivator.  Yet to do the entire science bit isn’t necessarily where I come from in the grand scheme of things. I am more a warm centered individual which has become more apparent since completing an MBTI personality type questionnaire and essay.
Those around me have commented that these types of exercise are ‘a total waste of time’ and when we have a dissertation to write why are we bothering to waste our time.  I disagree.  I would rather my dissertation be totally on what motivates people to be the people they are.  Knowing about oneself definitely aids in living a more on-purpose life. 
Tuning in to what ‘makes you tick’ is something which very much needs addressing and we have proven even in the science world that stress is a major health risk.  We know this.  So living life in any way other than what you enjoy is going to add to the stress that we all endure from time to time.

Having a renewed outlook on my career is potentially taking me to what may seem a different path. Although using my knowledge of what I have learned this far will definitely play a huge part.

Lessons learned about myself are truly golden.  I have spent much of my time in university as a single person and able to work more on my physical and mental mindset which his fantastic.  Much more confident at who I am and where I am going with life and self is quite remarkable.
Last year saw a host of various quite challenging physical health conditions which have vastly improved and I definitely feel ready for the next chapter of my life.


While university has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life, I do have thanks for the clarity I have within my life of not wanting to be considered an employee but rather a self employed person in my onward journey.  As well as the clarity of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment