Sunday 25 July 2021

Graduation day!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!

The day has arrived to graduate with my BSc Hons in Human nutrition.  A science degree.  Wow.  This is massive and I am so proud of myself.

Waking up at 4am feeling flutters in my heart of possible anxiety, nerves, excitement; I wasn't sure.  Yet I do know I need to stop the worry. I know that for me, this is a time of life when I can begin to step into my plumage - this is my time.

Now is the time for me to realise that i was awarded yesterday for being the "Most popular Student".
This was huge for me you see as this is the girl who was bullied at school and hated school.  I was so badly bullied that to this day, it has stayed with me.  My anxieties and depression have almost stopped me in my tracks, stopped me from living the life I want to live and deserve. This person is me and the me I know is someone who loves to be an achiever.

Ok, so I am not graduating with  a first class honours degree.  But heck, this journey has been some incredible ride. And I could have quit time and time again.  But here I am, after 4 years of tough study and I am about to wear my mortar board and gown and receive a handshake.

I'm proud of myself.

My year ZERO graduation three years ago.

It's 6;40am and the house is about to wake and we will all get ready for the day.  Dressing up as if going to a wedding....

They are all awake, chatting to me in between me writing a few words, my crohns is acting up a lot and it's time for me to sign off this blog post. I was super excited to sit pouring my heart out onto this blog post but I will simply have to report back later on after we have enjoyed the day.

I hope people come to my party...

No comments:

Post a Comment