Thursday 17 January 2019

A brand new year and new feelings

Christmas has been and gone.




I'm finding it very tricky to justify why I haven't written a blog post on here.

There has been much laughter in my house over the Christmas period.  Honestly, I think it is likely it was the best Christmas ever.  Gifts a plenty, all were well received by fussy me!
My parents were on great form and even though there have been health struggles here, we all enjoyed each others company.

My birthday followed...given ordinary circumstances that would have been more than super.  However, my pain that flares with the Crohns disease was an absolute rotten on New Years Eve.  In a fabulous mood for a party, I had to excuse myself and my lovely family short into the new year as we drove home.  Feeling so much pain just exaggerated my misery.  Why was this?  What was going on?  Had I done something to create such pain?

Days later and I was still suffering,  in fact it's only been the past 2 days I have realised the pain has subsided.  Despite phoning the Gasteroenterology team (and getting no reply call) I was still finding on the 15th Jan that i was in so much pain and honestly feeling exhausted.

What have I done to try and pull back this issue?  I've cooked bone broth and eaten it.  I've also swapped out dairy cow milk for soya milk.  Still unsure if this is better for me or not, I do have to say my back ache is less of a problem than it was and also my stomach is beginning to be more quiet and less like the M25 at 5pm.

I'm not sure I have even updated you on my back issue. This has changed everything. 

See my next blog post for results of my MRI scan.

The purpose of this blog was really starting out to be informing others of what they might expect if they were to goto university for a nutrition degree.  Yet it seems more and more like a journal/diary of thoughts and feelings.  OF course all of these things go hand in hand but I got to say, as we are approaching the first day back (in around 12 hours) I am gushing with words to share with you all.  So much clarity.  

So much.

Wisdom has come from a turn of events just recently.  




Not only have I graduated with my Diploma from my last university (which was super motivating! I decided to go all the way and earn a PhD) but I have had this life issue thrown at me which has
1. given me the hump
2. made me realise sometimes things are out of your hands
3. I need to work out in the right way (pilates)
4. shown me that my dream of writing full time Has to become a reality with a capital H

See you in the next blog post when all will become clear!

PS. did you see my new website yet?  That's another story.

www.lusherlifenutrition.com

No comments:

Post a Comment