Wednesday 9 January 2019

IESTE work experience

IESTE Talk on work experience and placement

The department of Employment and Careers encouraged attendance for October 4th 2016.  The subject was ideally to find out more about gaining experience in working abroad.  As a Human Nutrition student, I had heard wonderful reports from staff in relation to opportunities in northern Spain.

Excited to find out if this would be something I could fit in around family commitments, I went along.  As a lover of travel and new cultures,  I sat eagerly.  After a brilliant speech, I was disappointed to find out through reading the accompanying literature that I was in fact too old.  The age limit ran out for me many years previously.  

Seeing this as an opportunity to further engage in the future, I decided that instead of feeling disappointed, I would engage with chefs when I travel abroad, speaking to them about my area of interest, food allergies.  Perhaps interviewing them in a video style. Perhaps even uploading this to pebblepad. 
Nevertheless, it was a great talk and interesting to know what students can experience during their time at university.

No comments:

Post a Comment