Monday 15 November 2021

Blown away by the response my writing is getting! And Letter to my future spouse

Goodness me. What is going on?  Like, people are stopping me to tell me how awesome I am.

My writing is gathering momentum and I am publishing in the award winning uni mag now.  I'm loving it quite frankly.  Never did I imagine the dream might come into fruition.

Over the next few blog posts I will share what has been going on.




But for now, my new submission which has just been accepted is this one:

Letter to my future spouse.


What do you think you are doing?
Coming into my life and disrupting my plans.
I mean, so much hurt from my past. Of course the barriers are up.  Who could blame me?  By now you will know the stories, back to back.  You might be shocked to know I left some details out which I thought might be too painful for you to hear.  I even thought you might not believe me.

Even before you came along, I refused to be a man hater.  Knowing that all the human race is/was different.  I can only guess that now you are in my life (messing up my plans for a ‘cold heart for the rest of my life’) I did actually manage to find someone more than half decent.  Someone chivalrous, who treats me like a lady at the right times, like his girl the other times. Causing silly eye twinkles and grins that speak volumes. 

Actually, I know half decent doesn’t go any way towards describing you.  If you are now my guy (which you are, because you’re reading this) you will know my standards are pretty high. 
Sorry.  Sorry about that. 
Self-preservation I guess. 
Snapping at you unnecessarily might be the order of the day. That’s just me being afraid.  Please let me blow that hot air out. Then let me say sorry – and please accept my apology.   Of course I’m nervous of you.  Gee whizz you stole my icy heart.  How did that even happen?

Remember I don’t need promises of forever or that everything will be perfect.  What I need is you giving me perfect moments that I will lock away to remember when I sit in that rocking chair and smile to myself.  Your arms around me, making me feel that just for that moment, I am the most important person in your world.  Coffee dates and Sunday morning sofa snuggles.  Wine and firelight.  Music and laughter.  These are the plain and simple things that make us smile.

We have a wonderful future of making memories.  I’ll take nothing for granted.  I’ll promise not to take you for granted.  My best memory of you so far?  That long text chat we had, you remember the day?  When I was so down and filtering over the past hurts with sadness.  Do you remember what you said?  Thank you for that memory babe. It’s etched into me as (likely) the most powerful sentence a guy has ever said to me,

“You have to let me be ‘not that guy’”.

No comments:

Post a Comment