Thursday 3 June 2021

My final degree results!

After the last meeting which was more than difficult to handle, I was so sure i was still pretty upset.

My son and i had been somewhere which escapes me now.  As we pulled up outside the house I said.
"ohhh." and he asked what?  I was looking at my phone.  A group chat told me that our final results of our final public health exam was in. I knew this was make or break.

Looking at the phone frantically the minute we were inside the house, I was trying to log in. There it was.

"YESSSSSS!!!!" I said quietly and punched the air at the same time.
"yeah?" My son asked?  "Yes son, public health exam was 59%. That means a good overall mark and I passed my degree!" 
"Yes mum." He fist bumped  me. 

Quickly I reached for the scientific calculator and began to punch in some numbers. 
Turned out well.  A really strong 2:2 at 57%.  I wouldn't imagine they will add in adjustments to the tune of 3% to make it a 2:1 but given the journey I have had the miracle of 'just finishing and not quitting' then 'not getting a 3rd' was achieved.  I was happy and totally proud of myself. 

A long load of group chats followed as we discussed our results.  Everyone was on a 2:1 and one lovely friend on 69% which I hoped they would increase for her.  Of course, a Facebook status followed.  100 likes and many comments.  I was proud and chuffed.  
Then my body began to ache. I could hardly breathe out.  A fever followed and a heart pumping so heavily at 120 beats per minute.  Did I have the flu? I thought so and was tempted to try and get myself to the hospital but didn't have the energy. Instead I took paracetamol and waited.  

24 Hours later I was almost right as rain so I can only imagine this was a release of all the negative energies coming out. I'd also had an indian head massage earlier in the day so perhaps that didn't help. 

Feeling very happy and relaxed now, I have done it!



Onto the next chapter which I will tell you more about in the next blog post. Suffice to say there is a slight swerve in direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment