Thursday 12 August 2021

I graduated with a human nutrition degree!

The day was more than perfect and I was more than overwhelmed at just how amazing it was.  

Feeling excited and aiming not to be stressed, I described carefully to everyone exactly what we needed to do and when we needed to do it.  

Finding my friends and all of us getting in our posh graduation gowns was so special on this day.  It was super hot at 34 degrees C but I was determined to keep this gown on as long as I could! We loved the day.  


Freshly gowned up, quick moment for a coffee





Me and Trev - we were the team to carry each other through our public speaking events!

Anna and I were always giggling in class #chocklit

Graduates gathering for the group photo











Hat throwing!

A moment to reflect about where I go now...

Quick photo shoot



For me, the most incredible part of the day was seeing my children blown away at what a massive deal this really was. Their mum, a graduate with an award for the most popular student. 
After the event we all headed to a marquee and gathered to chat.  That was more than overwhelming to me and I felt tipsy.  Had I drunk anything? No! Not at all....
The academics were apparently chatting among themselves, my son had told me, "Until you showed up Mum and 4 of them all came over to talk to you."  He was stunned too.
Some of the conversations are a blur.  But it was all good, this I knew.  My personal tutor, who I love, came over and spoke to the twins then she bent and spoke kindly to mum, "You must be so proud of her." Mum didn't react much.  This was beyond touching my feelings anymore.


It was all worth it. 


Sadly, the group of us who are close in our group were unable to get together for the hat throwing photo.  This reason is because some of us had other commitments. Plus there were some people struggling so badly with the heat as we began to literally drip with sweat.  Never mind, we still got some awesome photos and the day was incredible.  I felt so happy.

Finding a few surprises from my friends along the way was great! Loads had turned up with gifts galore and I was beginning to feel very chuffed. 




Love this venue!

Wonderful gluten free cake! 

Books and nutrition for my career as a non fiction writer. 


Taking a quick half hour for lunch with the family, we drank jugs of water and sat in Pizza Express in the cool of the air conditioning to gather our thoughts and to take some time to breathe before the party began.


My twins

Me and Mum

Final Dance, New York, New York.

35 friends came along to the party.  We had an awesome DJ, a fabulous Cake which was a gluten free load of yum and I was a very happy person.  This day was such a fantastic feeling and after all i had been through, all the times I  had wanted to leave, I was so pleased I had stuck it out and got my degree.

So just like that, I was a graduate.  So happy.  It was a totally wonderful day.


The next day


No comments:

Post a Comment